DEVIL'S BLOG ON SECURITY


A DEVIL'S BLOG ON COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SECURITY, ETHICAL HACKING AND COUNTERMEASURES


Learn Ethical Hacking | Learn Hacking Online | Learn How To Hack|Hack Counter Hack| Ethical Hacking Tutorials


Home   ||   See All Tutorials  ||   Products  ||   About This Blog   ||  Subscribe To RSS Feed



Join facebook group THE HACKER DEVIL


Book Review | C A Modern Approach by K.N. King

Book Review | C A Modern Approach by K.N. King


Since long I have joined mailing list of Alex Allain, if you don't know who is Alex then I must tell you Alex maintains one of the most popular and most loved C Programming forum and mailing list which have 16k plus subscribers. That number is not a joke, at regular intervals Alex sends me some real cool programming stuffs and challenges due to which even though I am not a regular coder since last year I have managed to keep my programming skills safe from becoming total crap. If you haven't joined any mailing list for programming Alex's list is damn good to join because they don't spam you by sending unwanted emails everyday. Once they recommeneded me a book on C programming via mailing list,
I think I must share his recommendation with you since Alex has got several year experience in teaching programming online as well as offline. Most of my readers have hard time trusting me for a right programming book just because I don't have several years experience in programming and teaching, if you are among them you must not have problem trusting Alex. So, here's the book recommendation sent by them in their mail, read it carefully it's unedited.


Are you having trouble learning C? Do you want to learn faster and make sure you've got all the right details? Sure, websites are free and can be a great help (I sure hope they help since I wrote one!) but a good book can really accelerate your learning. And I know a book  that I would be remiss NOT to tell you about.


If you're learning C, I recommend
C Programming: A Modern Approach, 2nd Edition


I admit, this book is not the book I learned programming from (that was C for Dummies--I still remember staying up all night reading it cover to cover!) but it's a better book to learn programming from. The first time I read through it, I remember thinking that I wanted to be able to write a book like this one day.


One of my favorite things about this book is that it acknowledges that things are HARD, but that they can be broken down into nice bite-size (byte-size?) pieces by coming back to complex topics more than once, introducing more details each time. That will keep you from getting information overload, but still get you the details that you need--when you need them.


Of course, there's a lot of other good stuff here--loads of programming exercises for you to practice on (remember that practicing is the BEST way to learn). All the details you could care to know about. A Q&A section at the end of each chapter to address specific questions you might have. I highly recommend it.


If you're in the market for a book on programming C, buy C Programming: A Modern Approach, today!


Happy programming!

Alex
 

Free Ethical Hacking Training | Learn Ethical Hacking Online Free | Learn How To Hack | Hack Counter Hack | Ethical Hacking Tutorials | Devil's Blog On Security